Monday, November 8, 2010

A starter kit for young adulthood & Dedications

I would like to start things off right by giving thanks and dedications. To Lydia J. Will, my cousin, who gave me my first copy of The Tightwad Gazette. To Mom, thank you for everything. To Aunt Mary, you got me interested in this in the first place. Lastly, to Amy Dacyczyn, the original Frugal Zealot, who started an obsession.

Amy Dacyczyn is the author of The Tightwad Gazette (TG), a collection of tricks and tips to live a life of frugality. I will be rereading this book. While I read, I will be taking notes, updating prices and giving a review of the different tips and tricks that I try out for myself. It's going to take a couple of days before I can start the project, a new copy of TG is in the mail. As soon as it gets here I will begin. I think that this will be a very interesting take on frugality in a material world, considering my standing as a human. I am neither married, nor a parent. I am not a woman. I am a young man trying to save a little extra now, albeit in unusual ways, so I can have quite a bit extra later.

My goal for this project is to show Mrs. Dacyczyn that the generation of her children is not a lost cause... when it comes to frugality at least.

NFG (New Frugal Zealot)

1 comment:

  1. A blog I used to read a lot of is Get Rich Slowly. It used to be on Blogspot, but it looks like it's taken on a new format. I haven't read it in a while, but I know it's a good resource.

    http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/

    ReplyDelete